Last year the American Red Cross aided in over 74,000 disasters throughout the U.S. and 93% of those incidents were fire related. Home and apartment fires are the most common disaster across the country and in metro Atlanta. Most Atlanta apartment fires begin in the kitchen. 9 times out of 10, unattended cooking is the cause. Review the Red Cross guidelines for fire prevention in the kitchen.
The Red Cross suggests every apartment resident create a home fire plan to save you, your loved ones and/or your pets. Practicing your escape in case of a fire is important for safety.
JAMCO Properties, Inc. maintains prevention plans at each of their apartment communities. Residents can access these plans in the JAMCO Resident Handbook. All of the apartment homes are equipped with fire extinguishers and smoke detectors (we recommend testing smoke detectors monthly).
Remember, if a fire occurs in your Atlanta apartment: Get Out, Stay Out and Call for Help.
You’ve found a pet friendly Atlanta apartment rental and you are settled. Take a moment to learn how you can be a good neighbor and pet owner. Simply ask yourself, “What do I expect from a good apartment community neighbor?” Quiet, right? While pets are OK, there are few things owners should consider:
- Training. Best done when your dog is young, but you can train an older dog. Once you have moved into your new apartment home take the time to teach Fido to impress. He’ll love the attention.
- Local Laws. Learn and follow the areas leash and curb laws. This keeps your four legged friend safe and keeps the apartment complex clean for everyone to enjoy. Most Atlanta apartments have designated dog walk areas or maybe there is a nearby dog park where you and your pet can make new friends.
- Barking. Bored and nervous pets can make a lot of noise that other apartment residents may not appreciate. Long walks, lots of toys and plenty of attention give your pet great exercise and keep him happy. And they might prevent a lot of noise.
- Cats. Keep kitty inside your Atlanta apartment. She may have returned each time before, but an accident can happen especially in spacious apartment communities with plenty of parking.
- Spay or neuter. Spaying or neutering helps control the pet population and increases the life and health of cats and dogs. Additionally, altering a pet can prevent some unwanted behaviors in an apartment.
JAMCO Properties, Inc. welcomes cats and dogs at all of its greater Atlanta apartments and townhomes for rent. Speak with a friendly leasing specialist for details on our pet policy.