Thinking about moving into your first Atlanta apartment rental? The idea can be overwhelming if you are worried you won’t have enough money. Before you move out on your own, considering making a budget to help save money and start good spending habits now. JAMCO Properties, Inc. offers affordable rental homes in the greater Atlanta area.
Use an online budget calculator to see how you spend money. The people at MetLife setup some guidelines to help you balance your budget (of course these percentages vary depending on individual needs):
- Housing 25-30%
- Food 8-10%
- Healthcare 5-7%
- Insurance 7-9%
- Clothing 6-8%
- Entertainment 5-9%
The remaining portion of your income can be saved. Before signing a lease, you will want at least three month’s rent saved. This extra money will be used to pay the first month rent plus the security deposit and other costs associated with your move. Once you move into your new apartment home stick to your budget!
Lifestyle plays a key role in determining a resident’s satisfaction in an apartment rental. A renter must consider how an apartment’s location and floor plan will affect daily life. Avoid renter’s regret by taking your time while selecting your next Atlanta apartment rental. JAMCO Properties’ leasing specialists and managers look forward to spending time assisting future residents find the right space at an affordable price.
An apartment complex developed near major highways and surface streets makes commuting convenient. This convenience may bring traffic, noise and pollution. While you may be near work, traffic can add significant travel time to the daily drive. Consider the alternative, public transportation. JAMCO apartment communities in Fulton, Dekalb, Clayton and Cobb Counties are situated with MARTA train and bus lines or Xpress bus services right outside their doors, so you can save time and gas!
Certainly, the view from a third floor balcony is impressive, but what about carrying all those groceries upstairs? Maybe the 1st floor walk up apartment is more convenient, but what about the neighbors above? Be practical and consider your wants and needs. You might not do tons of shopping and the top floor is for you. Likewise, having good neighbors above can make you feel more secure.
Take your time. Visit the property at different times of day. Consider your needs. Talk to current tenants. The right apartment home is waiting for you and a range of Atlanta townhomes and apartments for rent are available from JAMCO.
The Apple Pop-Up Museum exhibits in Atlanta an exclusive collection of Apple products to be shown in Atlanta on Saturday April 20 and Sunday April 21. The exhibit displays an exclusive collection of game-changing Apple personal computers and consumer electronics products while presenting the history of the company since its founding in 1976 to the present. An Apple I, the first disk II and controller card, an original Apple II, an original Lisa and a Xerox Alto are among the rare artifacts to be displayed. The Apple Pop-Up Museum will be exhibiting in conjunction with the Vintage Computer Festival Southeast 1.0.Location Kings Market Shopping Center 1425 Market Blvd. Suite #200 Roswell, Georgia Date: Saturday April 20 and Sunday April 21, 2013 Opening Hours: Saturday 9:30 am – 7:30 pm and Sunday 9:30 am – 5:30 pm Admission is $10 per day or $15 for both days. Children 17 and younger are admitted free when accompanied by a paying guardian. Parking is free.
JAMCO Properties, Inc has specialized in aquiring and rennovationg metro Atlanta apartment homes since 1992. We deliver spacious, clean, affordable homes like Aspen Pointe in Roswell, GA.
Settling into an apartment and discovering it isn’t the new home you wanted can be disappointing. To avoid a mistake you might be living with for some time, get all the facts before you lease. Here are some things to consider when searching for the perfect Atlanta apartment rental.
- Noise: Find out what rules govern resident noise and how they are enforced. Visit the property at varying hours to see if dog barks, traffic, trains or airplanes will be a problem for you.
- Unfinished repairs/poor conditions: Always inspect the actual apartment unit you where you will live, not just the model. If management agrees to repairs or upgrades obtain a written commitment in the lease. Don’t rely on a verbal agreement. JAMCO Properties, Inc. has affordable move-in ready Atlanta apartments for rent now!
- Parking: How many vehicles are permitted per apartment? Is parking assigned? Are guest dedicated spots available?
- Laundry: Check to see if washer/dryer connections are available in your home. If not, is there an on-site clothes care facility? Ask a current tenant if the washers and dryers are typically available when they need them. The apartment communities of JAMCO Properties feature laundry facilities and many homes are complete with full size w/d connections.
- Surprise Expenses: Before you move determine who is responsible for each utility bill. Ask about pest control, security alarms and other hidden costs. Each community in the JAMCO family of Atlanta apartment rentals offers free monthly pest control.
Discuss with your insurance provider the benefits of renter’s insurance which can usually be acquired for a nominal fee. A good policy will insure your belongings and protect your liability. Searching for Atlanta apartments can be a hassle, let a JAMCO Properties’ trained leasing specialist make your next move stress free.
Looking for a metro Atlanta apartment located on the south side? JAMCO Properties, Inc. delivers spacious floor plans throughout historic Clayton County. These close knit communities place residents seconds from Southlake Mall and Mt. Zion Rd. shopping, dining and entertainment. Interstates 75 and public transportation through the X-Press bus line put these apartments just minutes to downtown Atlanta, Georgia and the nearby Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport brings the world within reach.
Come home to an inviting, conveniently located apartment in the Jonesboro, GA area including Forest Park, Riverdale and Morrow. Great resort style amenities like swimming pools, fitness centers, tennis and basket ball courts, and complimentary business centers with free Wi-Fi fit every budget looking for an apartment rental at JAMCO. Many of the JAMCO Properties are energy efficient total electric apartments and townhomes to save on home heating and cooking costs with one convenient utility bill. Leasing specialist at JAMCO Properties know about move-in specials available now.
Atlanta, a city of great diversity, celebrates many rich heritages and cultures. Two museums in Atlanta’s West End neighborhood highlight the history and art of African Americans. First, residents can tour the Hammonds House Museum situated in a historic Queen Anne home. Hammonds House hosts events and exhibits concerned with the culture of the African Diaspora. African American family history in Georgia is the theme of the current exhibit running through April 28th.
Next, visitors to the Spelman College Museum of Fine Art observe works by and about black women. The art museum is open Tues. – Fri. from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Saturdays, noon – 4 p.m. Right now visitors can experience “Multiple Choice: Perspectives on the Spelman College Collection,” pieces in the permanent collection and recent analysis by students, faculty, staff and others. Works range from paintings and sculptures to prints and textiles.
West End was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1999, 164 years after it was settled. Home run king, Hank Aaron owns the Krispy Kreme location in West End. The neighborhood is just seconds from Cascade Glen Apartments and easily accessible to all of Atlanta.
The Reynolds Nature Preserve in Morrow, Georgia is dedicated to promoting public awarness of the natural environment in Clayton County. With 146 acres of forest, ponds, streams and 4 miles of hiking trails, the preserve gives visitors the chance to meet nature while pursuing recreational activities. Reynolds Nature Preserve welcomes pets on leashes, so residents from Morrowood Townhomes or any of the pet friendly JAMCO Properties’ metro Atlanta apartment rentals can bring their furry friends.
Residents in Dekalb County apartments and homes will soon have 3 additional Walmart options in Stone Mountain and Lithonia.
Memorial Drive near N. Hairston
The first project is nearly completed, a 150,000 square foot supercenter on Memorial Drive near N. Hairston Rd. Plans are for a second quarter opening this year, and the creation of 250 new jobs.
One nearby competitor, Kroger on N. Hairston, plans to make improvements in the second quarter, too. Kroger is doing a $1 million remodel of the N. Hairston store, with a tentative completion date of April.
Stonecrest and Panola Rd/Covington Hwy
Another Walmart supercenter is under construction near Sam’s Club on Mall Parkway, across from the Mall at Stonecrest.
A third project, a Walmart Neighborhood Market, has not begun construction yet. The Neighborhood Market, which is a grocery-only concept, is slated to replace the former Big Lots at the corner of Panola Road and Covington Highway.
Is your small Atlanta apartment rental suffocating your style? Here are ten tips for the appearance of a spacious living area in a small room.
- Clear the clutter. A tip we mention often. Not only is it free, but you can make money by selling items you don’t need.
- Use furniture with small straight arms or no arms and small rounded backs to give the illusion of more breathing room.
- Go for a round ottoman or coffee table. They are easier to navigate around in a tight place.
- Nesting tables can be pulled out when you need them and tucked away when you don’t.
- Make the most of vertical storage space. Not all apartments come with built-ins, but tall bookshelves work the same way.
- Consider Your Color Scheme. Painting an apartment isn’t always practical, so choose neutral tones for furniture, art, pillows…
- Mirrors can brighten up a room. Just make sure they reflect light and a view you love.
- Hanging curtains higher gives a room the appearance of being larger.
- Light up the corners. Floor lamps, sconce lights, decorative lamps all help illuminate dark corners.
- Keep things crystal clear with clear glass lamps and tables. Let the eye see all the space you do have in the room.
JAMCO Properties provides affordable spacious 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments in the metro Atlanta area including Fulton, Dekalb, Clayton, and Cobb counties.