7 Moving Tips for Atlanta Apartments
Relocating to Atlanta apartments is both exciting and stressful. Deciding where stuff belongs and planning the layout of your apartment floor plan is fun, but a lot of time and effort goes into packing and moving to an Atlanta apartment. Begin planning early to limit stress. Try using the following guidelines on moving day.
- Move on a weekday when leasing offices, banks, utilities and government offices are open. According to U-Haul, truck rentals are more affordable during the week too.
- Start packing as early as 2 months before moving day. Out of season clothing, seasonal decorations, china, books, a movie collection… these are all things you can pack early. Having a stack of boxes around your current apartment for 8 weeks might not sound like a fun, but it will save you so much stress.
- Label your boxes by room and general content. If you’ve hired professional movers or if you’ve asked friends to help, this will help them know where things go in your Atlanta apartment.
- Place your dinner plates standing on edge in the box. Wrap each in plenty of paper and pad the bottom of your box. This will help prevent damage to your dishes. For all your boxes be sure to fill the empty space with paper or padding so that they will not collapse.
- Pack large items in small boxes and small items in large boxes. Heavy large items will fall through the center of a large box and small light items can be safely stacked in larger boxes. The exception is books. Heavy books should be packed in small boxes so you can lift them.
- On moving day, leave your pets and small children with a friend. Movers, professional or otherwise are distracted by kids and barking dogs. Plus, this insures the safety of children and pets alike.
- Finally, remember the last thing you packed? It’s probably the first thing you want to unpack! You were using it right up to the last-minute because you need it. Maybe it was cleaning supplies, maybe it was bedding or maybe it was a toothbrush… Chances are it was important.
Leasing consultants at Maplewood Pointe Apartments have more tips for easy moving to Atlanta apartments.
Posted on September 6, 2014, in Maplewood Pointe, Organization, Time Savers and tagged atlanta apartment rentals, atlanta apartments, Atlanta apartments for rent. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on 7 Moving Tips for Atlanta Apartments.