Winter Preparedness in Atlanta, Georgia Apartments
1. When the weather outside is frightful, make sure to stay weather-aware and listen to the latest alerts concerning winter weather. Familiarize yourself with the terms that are used to identify winter weather.
2. Don’t be a Grinch when it comes to purchasing and compiling the appropriate emergency supplies. Pack a ready kit for your Atlanta apartment and vehicle. Include adequate clothing and blankets in your kit to keep you warm.
3. If you plan to go dashing through the snow, drive your sleigh safely. Keep an extra ready kit in the trunk of your car. In addition to the basic essentials, consider adding an ice scraper, extra blanket, sand for traction and jumper cables. Fully winterize your vehicle and keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid ice in the tank and fuel lines. Avoid driving when roads are icy. Stay cozy in your Atlanta apartments!
4. Keep warm on frosty days by weather-proofing your apartment home. Open cabinet doors to allow heat to get to un-insulated pipes under sinks and appliances near your apartment’s exterior walls. Allow faucets to drip during cold weather to prevent freezing.
5. Regardless of the chill, never use a stove or oven to heat your Atlanta rental. Prepare safe alternative sources of heat. Never bring portable generators, camp stoves or grills into Atlanta townhouses and apartments; they should be kept outside and at least 20 feet away from windows, doors and vents.
6. And finally…no matter how much someone double dog dares you, never stick your tongue to a flagpole when it’s cold out.
Posted on December 8, 2013, in Local, Maplewood Pointe, Weather Preparations and tagged apartments for rent in Atlanta, Community, spacious Atlanta apartments. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Winter Preparedness in Atlanta, Georgia Apartments.