Summer No Mayo Potato Salad
Summer is the perfect time for this delicate salad. This potato salad, made with new potatoes, spring onions and an oil and vinegar dressing, is light and bright in flavor, plus there is no mayonnaise so it keeps well for a picnic or camping trip.
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes Ready In: 15 minutes Yield: 4-6 servings
Ingredients 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes (small red-skinned potatoes) 1 Tbs shallots – minced 1/4 cup spring (or green) onion – sliced thickly 1 clove garlic – minced 1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon – finely chopped 1/4 cup red wine vinegar 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard 2 teaspoons Kosher salt – divided 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly groundDirections
- Pour 2 quarts cold water into a medium saucepan. Add 1 teaspoon salt and set aside.
- Wash potatoes well and slice thickly — about 1/4-inch per slice.
- Add sliced potatoes to water and heat to a simmer. Simmer until potatoes are tender but not mushy — 4 to 5 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Drain potatoes and rinse briefly in cold water. Add to dressing and toss gently but thoroughly. Refrigerate if desired or serve at room temperature.
JAMCO Properties, Inc. serves up affordable Atlanta apartments in the metro area.
Posted on July 15, 2013, in Ashwood Ridge, Dining, Recipes and tagged apartment for rent, atlanta apartment rental, atlanta apartments. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Summer No Mayo Potato Salad.