Is your pet a good neighbor in its Atlanta apartment?
You’ve found a pet friendly Atlanta apartment rental and you are settled. Take a moment to learn how you can be a good neighbor and pet owner. Simply ask yourself, “What do I expect from a good apartment community neighbor?” Quiet, right? While pets are OK, there are few things owners should consider:
- Training. Best done when your dog is young, but you can train an older dog. Once you have moved into your new apartment home take the time to teach Fido to impress. He’ll love the attention.
- Local Laws. Learn and follow the areas leash and curb laws. This keeps your four legged friend safe and keeps the apartment complex clean for everyone to enjoy. Most Atlanta apartments have designated dog walk areas or maybe there is a nearby dog park where you and your pet can make new friends.
- Barking. Bored and nervous pets can make a lot of noise that other apartment residents may not appreciate. Long walks, lots of toys and plenty of attention give your pet great exercise and keep him happy. And they might prevent a lot of noise.
- Cats. Keep kitty inside your Atlanta apartment. She may have returned each time before, but an accident can happen especially in spacious apartment communities with plenty of parking.
- Spay or neuter. Spaying or neutering helps control the pet population and increases the life and health of cats and dogs. Additionally, altering a pet can prevent some unwanted behaviors in an apartment.
JAMCO Properties, Inc. welcomes cats and dogs at all of its greater Atlanta apartments and townhomes for rent. Speak with a friendly leasing specialist for details on our pet policy.
Posted on June 10, 2013, in Pets, Something to Write Home About, Village at Wesley Chapel and tagged apartments for rent in Atlanta, atlanta apartments, Atlanta townhomes for rent. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.