Look Before You Lease
Settling into an apartment and discovering it isn’t the new home you wanted can be disappointing. To avoid a mistake you might be living with for some time, get all the facts before you lease. Here are some things to consider when searching for the perfect Atlanta apartment rental.
- Noise: Find out what rules govern resident noise and how they are enforced. Visit the property at varying hours to see if dog barks, traffic, trains or airplanes will be a problem for you.
- Unfinished repairs/poor conditions: Always inspect the actual apartment unit you where you will live, not just the model. If management agrees to repairs or upgrades obtain a written commitment in the lease. Don’t rely on a verbal agreement. JAMCO Properties, Inc. has affordable move-in ready Atlanta apartments for rent now!
- Parking: How many vehicles are permitted per apartment? Is parking assigned? Are guest dedicated spots available?
- Laundry: Check to see if washer/dryer connections are available in your home. If not, is there an on-site clothes care facility? Ask a current tenant if the washers and dryers are typically available when they need them. The apartment communities of JAMCO Properties feature laundry facilities and many homes are complete with full size w/d connections.
- Surprise Expenses: Before you move determine who is responsible for each utility bill. Ask about pest control, security alarms and other hidden costs. Each community in the JAMCO family of Atlanta apartment rentals offers free monthly pest control.
Discuss with your insurance provider the benefits of renter’s insurance which can usually be acquired for a nominal fee. A good policy will insure your belongings and protect your liability. Searching for Atlanta apartments can be a hassle, let a JAMCO Properties’ trained leasing specialist make your next move stress free.