Winterize Your Apartment Home
Jamco Properties, Inc. is proud to offer affordable apartment homes. Unlike Ashwood Ridge and Lexington II set up to include gas and water in the rent, most multi-family housing in Georgia is not. Gas and electric bills can skyrocket this time of year, but you can take steps to stay warm and save money.
- Securely cover windows with plastic. Seal them by using strong tape and heating the plastic with a hair dryer to shrink it. Bubble wrap is a good idea too. The pockets of air provide extra insulation.
- Make a draft stopper or purchase one from a local retailer.
- Reverse the direction of ceiling fans.
- Use outlet insulators.
- Wrap your hot water heater in a special insulation jacket. Up to 25% of your heat bill can be from making hot water.
- Close unused rooms and vents.
- Turn your thermostat down. Wearing thermal underwear and eating hot soup are old fashion tips that still work today. Socks slippers and layers all help.