Hotlanta NYE Party Ideas
Watching the giant peach drop in downtown Atlanta is a once in a life time New Year’s Eve experience. Do it once and you’re done! Expensive hotel parties can break the bank and with the holiday hub bub who has time to rent a tux? So why not ring in 2013 with your own celebration at home? No matter your budget or how many square feet you have, these party tips are for you:
- You want people to move around and mingle, so don’t clutter your space with tons of decorations. Save space and money by letting your party favors (i.e. hats, noise makers, boas…) double as decor. Spread them out in the party area for guests to use as they want.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day AND it is inexpensive. A midnight brunch buffet is a trendy affordable way to give your friends a late night bite. Danishes, casseroles, fruit salad, and even cold cereal are easy.
- Don’t forget cocktails, keep it simple. Search the internet for one holiday themed cocktail and serve sparkling wine at midnight. Provide mixers like soda, juice, lemons, and limes for guests that might bring something special or that won’t drink. Remind everyone to drink responsibly and have the phone number for a taxi service if you need it.
- People will be kissing at midnight. Have mints available.
- Finally, put together a take home recovery kit for everyone. Pack asprin, bottled water, vitamin C, and maybe a burned CD of your favorite songs from the previous year.
You can entertain from the comfort of your own home or apartment on a small budget and be the toast of the town. Just remember to have fun and be safe.